Sleep Training for Professionals
EDS Training Ltd
Sleep Training for NHS Trusts
We offer bespoke sleep training courses for all child health professionals working in the NHS. These courses run over the course two or three days according to the needs of your team, and we can come to you where ever you are in the country. Courses are evidence based and all research is fully referenced. Our courses are accredited by the Continuing Professionals Development Standards Office
Our courses are designed to cover sleep issues in all children including those with complex additional needs.
Costs start from £2700 for a two day course for up to 12 delegates. If there are more than 12 delegates (up to 40) the cost will probably be higher than this as we will need to bring an additional team member in order to effectively facilitate group session which are an integral part of the training, as these allow participants to practice writing sleep management programmes.
Options for course content include
The Impact of Sleep Problems
· The Importance of Healthy Sleep in Babies, Children and Adolescents – what does the research tell us?
· Sleep Science - how sleep works and what is normal?
· Common Sleep Problems in Babies, Children and Adolescents - how to advise parents appropriately to meet the needs of the whole family.
· What is the Right Sleep Environment?
. Good Sleep Hygiene – what do we know from research about the impact of exercise, diet, the use of IT and routines on sleep?
· Behavioural Insomnia Sleep Training Techniques Across the Age Ranges – ensuring that they are age and stage appropriate
· How Our Different Cultures Influence Our Sleep Practices - giving parents choices
· Helping Parents Avoid the Pitfalls – getting it right from the beginning
· Barriers to Change – why do some people find change harder than others?
· Sleep Resources – the little things that can make a big difference
· ADHD and Sleep – does ADHD always mean ADHD?
· Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Downs Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy and Sleep
· How to Spot the Less Common Sleep Disorders
· When to Refer onto a Specialist Service
Please do get in touch so that we can discuss the individual needs of your team and therefore provide you an exact costing.
What do professionals say
October 2018 training was delivered to the Children's Learning Disability Team in Staffordshire NHS Trust and in March 2019 we delivered training for CAMHS in Dorset NHS Trust.
May 2019 we will be delivering training for Knowsley County council in Liverpool.
Overall the course was rated as "excellent" by participants and course content "very relevant" to their practice.
"Fantastic training, delivered brilliantly, really important and interesting"
"A really enjoyable course, presented in a very knowledgeable way, We were all valued for our current roles and shown how our new knowledge can be incorporated into our daily practice and work with families"
"Sensible, manageable and relevant advice that we can relate to and share with our families. Evidence based references are excellent"
"Well presented course, demonstrated the complex nature of children's sleep problems. Enjoyed the video assessment - concise, relevant and well thought out"
"Thought provoking at times and fascinating. I have really enjoyed this course and feel much better equipped to help my families"